More World Cup Specials!
• The Ambassador Hotel has launched a coffee shop called The Croissant. The menu includes plain and stuffed croissants including those with BBQ chicken, garlic and cheese, paneer bhurji and chocolate fillings. They also serve pastries, coffees and teas. Veer Nariman Road, Churchgate. Tel: 2204 1131.
• On Wednesday, March 30, the day of the seminal match between India and Pakistan, The Den will give out free shots for every boundary scored by the Indian team. The Bandra restaurant and wine bar will be screening the match on three LCD screens. Shop No.3/4, Prabhat Kunj, 24th Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 2648 3136.
• The Tasty Tangles, the south-east Asian restaurant in Khar, is offering two World Cup packages. If you opt for the “domestic” package, you get six Budweiser pints and two appetisers for Rs799 (excluding taxes). With the “imported” package, you get six Tsingtao pints and two appetisers for Rs1,500 (excluding taxes). Pinnacle House, Level 1, PD Hinduja Marg, off Linking Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 6709 4444.
• Zuzer and Rachana Lucknowala, who own Dios, the banquet lounge in Tardeo, will launch The Wedding Cafe and Lounge in Andheri on Thursday, March 31. The 2,100 square foot property will include a fine dining restaurant with a private dining room and a boutique with bridal clothes by Mumbai-based fashion designer Umair Zaffar. They will also offer a wedding consultation service for betrothed couples looking for decorators, jewellery designers and caterers. The restaurant will be open to the public. B104-106, Kotian Nirman, above the Mercedes showroom, New Link Road, Andheri (West).
• For the India-Pakistan match on Wednesday, March 30, Escobar is offering a package that includes a pizza, unlimited beer and fries for Rs1,299. In addition, each time India scores a boundary the lounge will distribute free shots to people who have opted for this package. V. N. Sphere building, Fourth Floor, junction of Turner and Linking Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 4276 0000.
• The Brasserie, the all-day restaurant at Hilton, will be serving a cuisine a day, seven days a week. On Mondays they will serve American food followed by Italian specialities on Tuesday, Jamaican on Wednesday, Mexican on Thursday, Greek on Friday, Brazilian on Saturday and Japanese food on Sundays. The lunch buffet is priced at Rs1,150 (excluding taxes) and the dinner buffet at Rs1,275 (excluding taxes). Hilton, near Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Andheri (East). Tel: 2926 2731.
• Pan Asian at ITC Grand Maratha Sheraton is now offering Japanese malt pairings with teppanyaki and teriyaki. Single malt whiskies Nikka and Yamazaki are priced at Rs1,200 for 30ml and Rs800 for 30ml, respectively. ITC Grand Maratha, Sahar Road, Andheri (East). Tel: 2830 3030.
• If you choose to watch the remaining 2011 ICC World Cup matches at Miro, the Spanish restaurant at the Svenska Design Hotel in Andheri, you can pay a cover of Rs999 and get anything worth that amount off the menu or you pay Rs999 and get three beers, a platter of tapas and anything off the menu worth Rs500. Svenska Design Hotels, F73/74, Oberoi Complex, off Link Road, Andheri (West). Tel: 4431 0000.
• Hard Rock Cafe has introduced a World Cup package. For Rs999 you get to pick one starter and get unlimited domestic liquor. Until Saturday, April 2. PB Marg, Bombay Dyeing Mills Compound, Lower Parel. Tel: 2438 2888.Tags: Escobar, Food scoops, Hard Rock Cafe, Hilton, ITC Grand Maratha, Miro, Pan Asian, The Ambassador, The Brasserie, The Croissant, The Den, The Tasty Tangles, The Wedding Cafe and Lounge