Vote For Asia’s Top 20 Restaurants
Aloo paratha at Lake View Cafe.
• The Miele Guide, an annual publication of Asia’s best restaurants, is inviting the public to vote for their favourite establishments in their home city. The results will be published in the 2011/12 edition of the guide. Anyone living in the 18 Asian countries it covers—the list includes India—can cast their vote by registering on their website, www.mieleguide.com. In Mumbai, you can vote for any three of the following establishments: Aurus, Cafe Basilico in Bandra, Celini, China House, Diva Maharashtracha, Dum Pukht, Kebabs and Curries, KongPoush Kashmiri Cuisine, Mahesh Lunch Home in Fort, Oh! Calcutta, Prithvi Cafe, Soam, Thai Pavilion and Wasabi. Dum Pukht, the Awadhi cuisine restaurant at ITC Maratha, was the only Mumbai restaurant on the guide’s list of Asia’s Top 20 restaurants last year.
• 24*7, the all-day restaurant at InterContinental the Lalit, is hosting a sizzler festival until Friday, March 25. On offer are lamb Schezwan sizzler, the BBQ combo sizzler with spare ribs and southern fried chicken, chicken satellite sizzler in a mushroom and cheese sauce, garlic fish shashlik sizzler and paneer shashlik sizzler. InterContinental The Lalit, Sahar Airport Road, Andheri (East). Tel: 6699 2222.
• The High Lounge and The Earth Plate, the nightclub and all-day restaurant at the Sahara Star hotel, are hosting Holi celebrations on Saturday, March 19 and Sunday, March 20. At The High Lounge on Saturday, revellers can dance to the beats of a dhol player and DJ Aman, who will spin Bollywood dance tracks. Vodka pani puri will be among the snacks served at the party. The Earth Plate will host a multi-cuisine brunch on Sunday. The brunch is priced at Rs1,900 (excluding taxes) without alcohol, and Rs2,100 (excluding taxes) with alcohol. Sahara Star, near the Domestic Airport, Vile Parle (East). Tel: 3980 7444.
• Lake View Cafe, the all-day restaurant at the Renaissance Hotel in Powai will host a Holi buffet on Sunday, March 20. The spread will include samosa chaat, aloo paratha, achari aloo, fresh fig with bocconcini, barbecue lamb salad, methi paneer, soya and sesame glazed chicken, chole bature, vodka pani puri, jalebi, thandai and puran poli. Renaissance Mumbai Convention Centre, near Chinmayanand Ashram, Powai. Tel: 6692 7550.
• Godrej Nature’s Basket is promoting French foods and wines across its stores until Sunday, March 27. You can pick up Soignon goat brie, Delouis Fils Moutarde aux Figues, Lune De Miel honey and Malesan Bordeaux. You can also sample French cheese and wine at the stores. See here for locations.
• Saffron, the Indian restaurant at the JW Marriott, is hosting a Punjabi food festival until Thursday, March 31. Chef Shadab Khan will whip up delicacies from Peshawar, Rawalpindi, Baluchistan and Amritsar. The menu includes Amritsari tandoori chicken, seekh kebab, malpua with rabri and pista-kulfi with falooda. JW Marriott Hotel, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu, Tel: 6693 3399.
• Little Food Co., a Mumbai-based catering service set up by Bhakti Mehta, has a new menu. Appetisers include chicken mousse with tomato concasse on garlic crostini, grilled mushrooms stuffed with cheddar, and lemon asparagus with parmesan. The menu also includes grilled pepper chicken salad, crisp iceberg salad with wasabi cream, gnocchi in sundried tomato cream sauce, mushroom and thyme crepes, gorgonzola ravioli and arborio rice cakes with Asian salsa. To place an order, contact Bhatki Mehta on 98191 36441. See the full menu here.
• Something Fishy, the seafood restaurant in The Regale by Tunga hotel in Andheri, has introduced a weekday lunch buffet, where they will serve prawns Malvani masala, grilled lobster and other seafood prepared in Konkan- and Kerala-style curries. The buffet, priced at Rs375 per person, will also include limited vegetarian options. The Regale by Tunga, MIDC Road, Andheri (East). Tel: 6144 6464.Tags: 24*7, Dum Pukht, food news, Food scoops, Godrej Nature's Basket, InterContinental The Lalit, JW Marriott, Little Food Co., Renaissance Hotel, Saffron, Sahara Star, Something Fishy, The Earth Plate, The High Lounge, The Miele Guide