Yogurtbay To Launch In Bandra
• Starting Tuesday, March 15, Miro, the Spanish restaurant at the Svenska Design Hotel in Andheri, will host a food festival with chef Enrique Garcia Romero from Spain who will serve vegetarian and non-vegetarian tapas, aubergine fritters with goat cheese, baby leeks and Iberian chorizo in a purple romesco dressing, John Dory with saffron suquet in coconut basmati rice, duck roast with bitter orange sauce and paella. Until Sunday, April 3. Svenska Design Hotels, F73/74, Oberoi Complex, off Link Road, Andheri (West). Tel: 4431 0000.
• Momo Cafe, the all-day restaurant at Courtyard by Marriott will host a brunch to mark the festival of Holi, on Sunday, March 20. The spread will include coriander chicken, murgh makhani, stir-fried lamb and bean sprout salad, honey glazed pumpkins with pine nuts, kheema pao and dry fruit pulao. The brunch without alcohol is priced at Rs999 per person and Rs1,599 per person with alcohol. 12.30pm to 4pm. Andheri Kurla Road, near Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Andheri East. Tel: 6136 9999.
• On Wednesday, March 16, Bandra will get its third frozen yoghurt store (Cocoberry and Fro Yo are the other two) Yogurtbay on Carter Road. You can choose from five flavours— chocolate, banana, strawberry, mango and plain yoghurt. In addition to these fixed flavours there will be one rotating flavour on offer each day such as watermelon, apple pie, spicy chocolate and mixed berry cheesecake. The menu also includes smoothies like choc-o-fella and strawberry almighty. Toppings include vegan marshmallows, fresh fruits, M&Ms and Oreo cookie crumbs. Prices start at Rs40. 11 Gagangiri, off Carter Road, next to Crepe Station, Khar. Tel: 3062 9191.
• Michelin-starred chef Vineet Bhatia, consulting chef at Ziya, the Indian fine dining restaurant at The Oberoi, is back at the restaurant from Thursday, March 17 to Saturday, March 19. Bhatia, who shuttles between his restaurant in London and Mumbai has prepared a new a la carte and gourmand menu for Ziya. The seven-course gourmand menu includes tandoori wasabi lobster, sun-dried tomato chicken tikki, ginger tandoori lamb chops, cabbage Bengal gram fritter, lychee ginger sorbet and champagne and gulkhand paan kulfi. The Oberoi, NarimanPoint. For reservations contact 6632 6040.
• Zenzi Bandra is starting a vinyl club this Sunday, March 20. Vinyl collectors can show up at noon on every third Sunday of the month with their records and the DJ will play the listed vinyls through the afternoon. The restaurant and lounge has also customised a menu for the event, which will include chicken burgers, club sandwichs and the Zenzi China box, priced at Rs200 each. A meal combo including a beer will cost Rs350. 183 Waterfield Road, near Linking Road Subway, Bandra (West). Tel: 6643 0670.
• Cinnabon, the American chain specialising in cinnamon treats is expected to launch its fourth Mumbai outpost in Breach Candy, soon. Cinnabon launched its first outlet in Bandra’s Pali Naka area in June, its second in Juhu in July and it’s third also in Bandra in October. Tirupati Apartment, opposite mahalaxmi Temple, Breach Candy. Tel: 6515 1999.Tags: Cinnabon, Courtyard by Marriott, food news, Food scoops, Miro, Momo Cafe, Svenska Design Hotel, Vineet Bhatia, Yogurtbay, Zenzi, Zenzi Bandra, Ziya