California Pizza Kitchen To Open At Phoenix Mills
Bouillabaisse at the Lotus Cafe.
• The Brasserie, the all-day restaurant at the Hilton, has introduced Sunday brunch. A mix of Indian and Continental fare, the brunch will also have a BBQ station, a salad counter and a dessert buffet. Priced at Rs999 per person (excluding taxes), available from 12.30pm to 4pm. Hilton, near Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Andheri (East). Tel: 2926 2731.
• Starting this week, Mesa Bistro, the Continental restaurant at the Svenska Design Hotel in Andheri will offer a lunch buffet. The spread will have salads (including Greek salad, Thai papaya salad), Vietnamese rice paper rolls, spiced lamb cous cous with olives and main courses like chicken Thai curry with jasmine rice, grilled snapper in a saffron broth, lamb burger and vegetable stew with saffron risotto. Desserts include coffee cake, dark chocolate mousse, chocolate brownies and fresh fruit tarts. The buffet, priced at Rs399 (excluding taxes), will be available noon onwards from Monday to Friday. Svenska Design Hotels, F73/74, Oberoi Complex, off Link Road, Andheri (West). Tel: 4431 0000.
• Lotus Cafe, the all-day restaurant at the J. W. Marriott, will serve a sea food buffet every Friday until March 25. They will serve clams, mussels, mud crabs, sea crabs, sand lobsters, Scottish salmon, tiger prawns and lobster tails prepared in a variety of sauces and curries like butter-garlic sauce, pepper masala, Goan curry and Schezwan sauce. The spread will also include bouillabaisse, potato rosti and fennel salad. J. W. Marriott Hotel, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu. Tel: 6693 3276.
• For dinner, until the end of the 2011 ICC World Cup, Busaba will serve a special starters menu where each dish is named after a cricketing term or a player. For instance, if you ask for “Scintillating Sixers”, you will get chicken, prawn or vegetarian momos, and if you ask for “Ecstatic Mumbaikars”, you will be served grilled chicken with spicy peanut sauce. For every order of a plate of appetisers, you get one free. They’re also offering a buy one get one free offer on a glass of Indian liquor. Mandlik Road, near Indigo, Colaba. Tel: 2204 3769. Mathuradas Mills Compound, N.M. Joshi Marg, Lower Parel. Tel: 6747 8971.
• Khyber has launched a catering service. The Fort-based restaurant can cater outdoor events for up to 5,000 guests. The menu will be the same as at the restaurant. 145, Mahatma Gandhi Road, Fort. To place an order, contact 2267 3227 or email email@example.com.
• The second outpost of California Pizza Kitchen is slated to open at Phoenix Mills on Saturday, March 5. The US pizza chain launched its first outpost in Bandra Kurla Complex in August. The second branch will open next door to Tryst, the two-month old nightclub that has replaced Play. 462 Phoenix Mills, Senapati Bapat Marg, Lower Parel.
• There are new additions to the menu at Kala Ghoda Cafe. They’ve retained their range of coffees, but have made changes to the tea and cold beverages menu. In place of Assam tea they will now serve organic Nilgiri tea, in addition to an iced strawberry and Nilgiri beverage, and fresh strawberry soda. New dishes include Melly’s salad made with rocket, lettuce, apple, strawberry, carrot and goat’s cheese and dressed with French style vinaigrette; apple and pumpkin soup; mini quiches and a spicy lemon chicken sandwich . They will launch new main courses soon. 10 Ropewalk Lane, near the Blue Synagogue, Kala Ghoda. Tel: 2263 3866.
• Fenix the all-day restaurant at The Oberoi has introduced a Japanese set lunch menu. In addition to a sushi, sashimi and maki rolls buffet they will also offer tonkatsu (crumb fried chicken), lobster tempura, vegetable tempura and salmon with miso paste as main courses. The set lunches are available everyday between 12.30pm and 3.30pm and start at Rs675. The Oberoi, Nariman Point. Tel: 6632 6205.Tags: Busaba, California Pizza Kitchen, Fenix, food news, Food scoops, JW Marriott, Kala Ghoda Cafe, Khyber, Lotus Cafe, Mesa Bistro, The Brasserie, The Oberoi