World Cup Specials
Tacos at Ruby Tuesday.
• Aqua Spirit, the lounge at Hotel Sun-n-Sand in Juhu, has a special World Cup drinks menu, with cocktails priced at Rs400 and mocktails at Rs200. On an order of two drinks, the third will be free. Diners at Aqua, the hotel’s 24-hour coffee shop, will get a complimentary pint of beer with their main course. Sun-n-Sand, 39, Juhu Beach. Tel: 6693 8888.
• At Beluga, the bar at InterContinental The Lalit, you can get five pints of beer, otherwise priced at Rs250 each, and a starter for Rs1,000. Near Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport Road, Andheri East. Tel: 6699 2222.
• At Bonobo, the lounge and restaurant in Bandra, you can buy four pints of beer for Rs500. Kenilworth Mall (KFC Building), Phase 2, off Linking Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 2605 5050.
• Courtyard by Marriott has tailored a day-long cricket package, priced at Rs9,999 per person, that includes one night’s stay, brunch, a buffet dinner and a special drinks menu. You can get six bottles of Kingfisher beer for Rs1,500, a pitcher of Captain Morgan with a cola for Rs500, and two martinis for the price of one. On an order of a bottle of Indian alcohol, you will get a plate of six appetisers for free. Andheri Kurla Road, near Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport, Andheri East. Tel: 6136 9999.
• At Bandra wine bar and restaurant The Den, you can purchase a “pass” (swipe card) for Rs2,000 that will get you credit worth Rs3,000. The pass can be redeemed throughout the duration of the World Cup. They’re also offering two daily deals where you pay Rs950 and get unlimited servings of Indian liquor and four bar snacks, or you pay Rs450 and get three glasses of Indian liquor and three bar snacks. Shop No.3/4, Prabhat Kunj, 24th Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 2648 3136.
• At Manchester United Cafe, on every order of a pizza, you get two beers free. Beer buckets with four, six and eight imported beers are priced at Rs900, Rs1,200, and Rs1,600 respectively. You can also opt for a Red Bull boat, which comes with a bottle of Smirnoff Red and six Red Bulls and is priced at Rs1,499 (excluding taxes). Level 3, Palladium, Phoenix Mills, Lower Parel. Tel: 4360 1111.
• American casual dining chain Ruby Tuesday has introduced a World Cup special bar snacks menu, which will only be served between 4pm and 8pm. On the menu are tacos with cheddar and sour cream, nachos with chilli beans, a trio of dips and platters of veg and non-veg kebabs. You can also get three glasses of Indian liquor for Rs599. Unit No. 31, Ground Floor, Crossroads 2 Mall, opposite Bajaj Bhavan, Nariman Point. Tel: 6651 0709.Tags: Aqua Spirit, Beluga, Bonobo, Corleone, Courtyard by Marriott, Food scoops, InterContinental The Lalit, Manchester United Cafe, Ruby Tuesday, The Den