Get Workwear Tips At Vogue’s School Of Style
Maheshwari saris at Vaya.
• Mumbai-based entrepreneurs Nisha Sarin and Gouri Parekh Zaveri have started Gifteria, a personalised gift service. They put together themed hampers for Valentine’s Day, moms, dads, baby boys and girls and for bachelorettes. They also personalise mugs, photo frames, wine and whisky glasses and any other products that you give them. To place an order, call 982033 6502 or 98212 63292.
• Trunk is celebrating “love week” until Monday, February 14. If you buy merchandise worth Rs5,000, you get a box of Le15 Patisserie’s macaroons and cupcakes, and a gift hamper with a lip balm, massage oil, soap and shower gel from the organic cosmetics company, Simply Be Well. 67/69, Sea View Terrace, Wodehouse Road, Cuffe Parade. Tel: 2218 5234.
• Italian designer furniture brand Giorgetti has launched its flagship store in Mumbai, at the Raghuvanshi Mill Compound in Lower Parel. The 5,000 sq. ft. store in Mumbai is the brand’s third in the world after Milan and New York. Select pieces of furniture by celebrated Italian architect Massimo Scolari are among the store’s current collection. The company plans to open another store in Delhi before the year ends. [Indiaretailing.com]
• On Friday, February 18 and Saturday, February 19, Vaya, the handwoven fabrics store in Bandra, will host an exhibition of Maheshwari saris by Rehwa, a non-profit organisation that supports handloom weavers in the town of Maheshwar in Madhya Pradesh. Jeevan Kiran, S. V. Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 2643 6556.
• On Saturday, February 19, Vogue will host its first School of Style session in Mumbai, during which a team of stylists from the fashion mag will guide participants on how to dress appropriately for work and give them tips on where to buy workwear. The registration fee of Rs600 gets participants a one-year subscription to Vogue India and high tea. Vetro, The Oberoi, Nariman Point. Register at vogue.in/vogueschoolofstyle.Tags: Gifteria, Giorgetti, Shopping Scoops, Trunk, Vaya, Vogue, Vogue School of Style