Artefacting MumbaiView Slideshow
For a few hours this past Saturday, all work in Dharavi’s 13th compound stopped. In celebration of a three month-long endeavour called “Artefacting Mumbai”, the rubble-strewn lanes of this precinct had been turned into a make-shift gallery for the day. To see pics from the event, click on the slideshow, above. If you missed coming on Saturday, fear not; the organisers are also planning to hold an exhibition in a Colaba gallery sometime in the coming two weeks. Stay tuned for more details.Tags: Alex White Mazzarella, Art, Dharavi, Nupur Barua, Parasher Baruah, Photo Essay
You Might Also Like...
- Everything You Wanted To Know About The Red Bull Tour Bus But Didn’t Know Whom To Ask
- A Fugia Fortune: How An East Indian Matriarch Bequeathed Her Family Riches In Recipes
- A Tale Of Thaals: The Mohameds Are Upholding Bohri Traditions On A Platter
- A Thandai Tradition: How My Mum’s Sindhi Cooking Shaped Me As A Food Writer
- The Vigil Idiot: Bang Bang!