Kebab Korner To Host Kashmiri Food Festival
Pan fried salmon at Trendz.
• Kebab Korner at the InterContinental Marine Drive is hosting a Kashmiri food festival from Friday, January 21 until the end of the month. They’re serving rogan josh, mewa pulao, Zafrani paneer tikka, shahana sea bass and Kashmiri naan. Guests will also be served kahwa (Kashmiri tea) in kullads (earthen pots). Until Sunday, January 30. InterContinental Marine Drive, 135 Marine Drive. Tel: 3987 9999.
• Trendz, a restaurant at InterContinental The Lalit, is hosting an organic food festival. The hotel’s executive chef Alan Limmer has created a three-course organic set menu for dinner, which includes butternut veloute with roasted almonds and pan-fried salmon in beurre blanc sauce. Until Sunday, January 30. Sahar Airport Road. Tel: 6699 2222.
• Manchester United Cafe at the Palladium has introduced food and beverage promotions for the football season. You can get a pizza and a beer for Rs499 only. On Saturday, January 22, a cover charge of Rs450 will get you three Kingfisher Premium beers or three Smirnoff Red vodkas, and Tuesday, January 25, the same amount will get you one plate of nachos or a burger and one Kingfisher premium beer. Level 3, Palladium, High Street Phoenix, Lower Parel. Tel: 4360 1111.
• Starting today, Mesa Bistro will serve flavoured caprioskas such as the Verry Berry, made of muddled strawberries and lime, as well one made with lychee and lemon. You can order by the glass or by the pitcher. Until Sunday, January 30. Svenska Design Hotel, 73/74 Oberoi Complex, off Link Road, Andheri (West). Tel: 4431 0000.
• To celebrate Republic Day, the Lebanese casual dining chain Falafel’s is introducing a tri-coloured hummus, which is a combination of sundried, basil and plain hummus. They will only serve the hummus, priced at Rs69 excluding taxes, from Saturday, January 22 to Wednesday, January 26. At outlets across the city. Click here for locations.
• Khar’s multi-cuisine restaurant Out of the Blue is hosting a kebab festival. The menu, which will only be served during dinner, will include a choice of chicken, fish, prawns, lamb, mushrooms, paneer, broccoli and baby potato kebabs. Until Monday, February 28. Le Sutra, 14 Union Park, near Olive Bar and Kitchen, Khar (West). Tel: 2600 3000.
• From Saturday, January 22, you will find savoury dishes on the menu at the Juhu outlet of Cinnabon. Roast veg sandwich, potato chutney roll, chicken ham sandwich, turkey sandwich and kheema roll are the additions to the menu. Sagrika Apartments, opposite Palm Grove Hotel, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu. Tel: 6671 6784.
• Grand Hyatt is hosting a biryani festival at Soma, its Indian restaurant. They’re serving Lucknow- and Hyderabad-style biryani cooked in earthern pots. You can choose from biryani with lamb chops and liver cooked in milk, lotus seed biryani, biryani with morel mushrooms, and chicken biryani prepared with Bhavnagri chillies. Grand Hyatt, off Western Express Highway, Santacruz (East). Tel: 6676 1234.
• After Koh, the Thai restaurant at InterContinental Marine Drive, launched one in November, Royal China has followed suit and launched an iPad menu. Each dish has a corresponding image to make the choice easier for guests. 192 Turner Road, Bandra (West). Tel: 2642 5533. Also at S.P. Corporation, Sterling, Hajarimal Somani Marg, Fort. Tel: 6635 5310.Tags: Falafel's, food news, Food scoops, Intercontinental Marine Drive, InterContinental The Lalit, Kebab Korner, Manchester United Cafe, Mesa Bistro, Royal China, Trendz