‘Tron’ 3D Party At Trilogy
Christmas donuts at MOD.
• Palladium is hosting a gourmet bazaar in association with Chenab Impex, food importers that supply to stores like Nature’s Basket and Hyper City. Chenab will sell its range of cheeses, Thai sauces, olive oils, coffee and gourmet food hampers. They’ve also organised Italian, Thai and Mexican cooking demonstrations through the day. Palladium Atrium, High Street Phoenix, Lower Parel.
• On Sunday, December 12, Le15 Patisserie will launch its Christmas menu. Treats include spiced macaroons, plum cakes, Christmas-themed cupcakes (Santa, snowmen, reindeers and christmas trees), Buche de Noel (Yule log with chocolate and raspberry), chocolate nut fudge, and an assorted cookie box with a mix of hazelnut, cinnamon, vanilla and almond scented cookies. Le15 Patisserie, Ground Floor, Good Earth, Raghuvanshi Mills, Lower Parel. Also at Shama Hair and Skin Boutique, Krishna Building, Near Podar Hospital, JN Palkar Road, Worli. Tel: 97692 86544.
• On Thursday, December 9, Trilogy, the nightclub at Hotel Sea Princess in Juhu will celebrate the release of the American sci-fi film Tron:Legacy by hosting a Tron 3D party in association with Submerge, an electronic dance music promotion and events company. While American DJ Christopher Lawrence spins trance and electronica a UK based visual jockey will generate 3D visuals across the club’s two floors. Trilogy, Hotel Sea princess, Juhu Tara Road, Juhu. Tel: 2646 9689.
• Frangipani, the all-day restaurant at The Trident, Nariman Point has a new menu. The menu includes char-grilled asparagus with Chablis poached eggs, sour dough margherita pizza, sea bass with stir-fried Swiss chard, young spinach and haloumi-filled chicken, and risotto with chorizo, Malabar shrimp and ham. They’ve also got an Indian selection of bhuna ghosht, Bengali bhekti mach and Punjabi kadhi. Frangipani, Trident, Nariman Point, Tel: 6632 5757.
• Sula Vineyards has introduced the Sula Brut Rosé, a fruity, pink sparkling wine that the company says will pair well with spicy Indian food, salmon, brie, berries, Mediterranean food and duck preparations. The wine is priced at Rs975. Sante Wine, Shop No. 53, Chawla House, Ground Floor, 60/62 Woodhouse Road, Colaba. Tel: 2215 5011.
• Mad Over Donuts is offering a Christmas inspired donut range all through December. You can choose from donuts with mint, cherry, hazelnut and cashew centres. These are priced at Rs45 each and a box of six is priced at Rs225. At MOD outlets across the city. See here for locations.
• Restaurateur Farhan Azmi, who own Basilico in Colaba and Bandra, is expected to launch Chai Coffi, a cafe in Versova by January 2011. Azmi intends to focus on serving an extensive selection of teas and coffee. The menu will have a mix of tea time snacks like Irani brun maska, toast, whole wheat kahri (biscuits), cookies, low fat nan khatai, dal khichdi, pizza by the slice and croissants. Chai Coffi will replace the Barista at Yari Road and Azmi hopes to open the second outpost near Basilico in Colaba. [Hindustan Times]
• Andheri has a new sandwich bar called Cheelizza. The chain, which also has outlets in Borivali and Kandivli, serves 42 types of vegetarian sandwiches, many of which are snazzed up versions of the roadside toastie. Cheese, chutney, tomato and cucumber are the common ingredients in these supersized sandwiches, priced between Rs100 and Rs135. Seven Bungalows, Versova, Yari Road, Andheri (West). Tel: 4222 5222. [Mid-Day]
Tags: Chai Coffi, Chenab Impex, Christopher Lawrence, Farhan Azmi, Food scoops, Frangipani, Le15 Patisserie, Mad Over Donuts, Sula Brut Rosé, Sula Vineyards, Trilogy, Tron: Legacy